Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Blog Post # 5 Conversations with Anthony Capps

Mr. Anthony Capps is a Third Grade Teacher at Baldwin County Elementary. He uses Project Based Learning with his third graders. In watching the conversations and listening to the examples, I feel that it is vital to use projects in the class room as a learning tool. From what Mr. Capps said, I have learned that when I "officially" become a certified teacher, I definitely want to be a project based educator. There really are no cons about it. Well thats my opinion, but I am positive that with technology constantly evolving, it will be a need to teach from a project based prospective. Since there are standards that are set forth by the state, one has to develop projects for students that are driven by that standard content. There are more teachers that are learning more technology and in turn the teachers are using that to not only teach students but develop them as well. Overall, the videos and conversations with Mr. Capps has been a real eye opening experience because it was the testimony of an actual teacher who uses PBL, and even though it was just a videos, I learned from his examples and look forward to learning more about PBL.

1 comment:

  1. I like your eagerness and positivity about PBL!

    Try and address each video separately and more into detail next time. Also, be sure to include Title and Alt tag modifiers to all of your pictures in your posts.

    ReplyDelete