Monday, February 3, 2014

Blog Post # 3 How can I provide meaningful feedback to my peers

I think that in providing feedback, one has to be able to not only provide good feedback, but provide that in a way that is not offensive or critical to a peer. Meaningful feedback could be anything. I think that it is essential to provide constructive criticism in a meaningful way so that my peer will take that and learn from the criticism. My feedback could be taken in many different ways so one has to be able take the criticism with a good attitude and make the necessary changes according to the feedback. But I believe that in providing the feedback, I have to show my peer what I mean and with that approach, it can be meaningful. A quality peer review is ultimately what I would like to provide for my peer. I think that when I critique one of my peers work, I will be able to not only be constructive but it will be a quality review of the work.

The videos were a very good way of learning about how to critique and provide meaningful feedback. I think that the videos were very good examples of how to not only review a peers work but also how to make the peer learn from my review. The last video was very humorous and I feel like with the kids doing the talking, it was ironic and I really liked how it was set up. Overall, I feel that the videos provided me with the essential ways on how to give my quality, positive feedback in a way that is not only educationally friendly but also constructive so that my peer will take my review for what it is and do the work to make the changes properly.

2 comments:

  1. Gregory, I enjoyed your attention to detail in putting the words "show" and "quality" in bold. This shows the importance of these words while pertaining to giving useful peer reviews. I agree that it is definitely important to give both positive feedback and also criticism. With this being said, the criticism should be given in a positive way so the person receiving this does not feel embarrassed or offended by your words. People need to learn/realize that if they are given criticism on something they do, the person is not targeting them or trying to bring them down. They are only wanting to help them improve, and be honest with them in noticing small things they might have done in order to make their blogs better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are your links to the videos and slideshow? Also, where is your picture? You're supposed to have working links and at least one picture with alt/title modifiers in every blog post! Don't forget!

    ReplyDelete