Monday, January 27, 2014

Blog Post #2

The central message in the video Mr.Dancealot, is to not teach like that. Not only were the students bored but they did not even know what to do because he did not really demonstrate and SHOW them how to dance. The author does make the case because they obviously know that this method or way of teaching is not effective. I do agree because I feel like the author is trying to educate people by showing how this way does not work.

I think that Robert's method of teaching in the 21st Century is very effective. I really like how he used the difference in engagement and entertainment. I think that as technology continues to evolve, the teachers should as well. In this ever changing world,I absolutely agree with using technology to our advantage. Teaching is changing and I think that these methods will help me not only be a good teacher but it will help me develop more comfortability with technology which will be great for my classroom.

In The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler, I think the main point is to connect and learn together with other students and in a way help teach each other. So why does the networked student need a teacher? Because it's the teacher that opens the students mind to the technology. Its the teachers that know the information and show the students how to get started with new technology. Its the teacher that not only pushes the students to learn more and more, but also challenges the students to WANT to learn more.

Harness your students digital smarts by Vickie Davis is video that I enjoyed watching. I think that what Ms. Davis is doing with her students very effective. Her methods of teaching and the ways that she teaches that is something that I have not seen before. I really like the fact that she challenges her students to learn. I also like the fact that she lets her class teach and learn from each other.

The methods in Flipping your students are revolutionizing education in the classroom. I think that one day, I will have to use some of the approaches used in the video. I also believe that the approach will be useful for me and for my class room. I think there will be some ups and downs with it at first but I really like the technological approach. This is the future of teaching and I will embrace it and use it for my class room.

2 comments:

  1. Good, but very brief. I feel like you could have written a lot more. Remember that "its" is the possessive form of "it", and "it's" is the contraction of "it is"! Also, you forgot to add working links and a picture with alt/title modifiers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Its the teacher that not only pushes the students to learn more and more, but also challenges the students to WANT to learn more."

    I very much agree with this. Although children today are very good at finding/learning things on their own using technology, I feel like there is something so much more a teacher can bring to his/her students. That being said, technology is a great way to reach out to students and make learning more interactive and fun.

    ReplyDelete